I’m the first to admit that I do not like to cook. My dear hubby cooks a lot of our suppers for us. He’s a keeper, for sure! I usually plan our meals loosely–I have an idea when I go to the store of what we are going to eat that week but sometimes I choose on the spur of the moment what we will have for supper that night.
When I get an urge to cook I try to stick to clean and healthy recipes as much as possible. Thank goodness for Pinterest and the interwebs!
My Favorite Clean Eating Websites
My Favorite Clean Eating Recipes
- Pasta Roll-Ups with Turkey and Spinach (this is delicious!)
- Orange Chipotle Chicken (one of my favorites)
- Taco Bar (corn tortillas, black beans, corn, grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese)
- Mexican Soup (Throw a few chicken breasts, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and Rotel in the crockpot and cook for 4-6 hours on low, serve with blue corn chips.)
- Grilled Chicken Salad (You can use a rotisserie chicken if you’re in a hurry or cook your own in the crockpot or on the stovetop, shred it and throw it on a salad.)
- Banana Ice Cream (Freeze banana slices–throw in a food processor with some strawberries or a little natural nut butter and some almond mild and blend until an ice cream consistency.)
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs (I use Money Saving Mom’s meatball recipe but I use ground turkey and I decrease the amount of brown sugar in the sauce–or you could use Gracious Pantry’s barbecue sauce instead. These are delicious and they freeze well.)
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip (this stuff is awesome! Eat with apple slices….yum!)
- Turkey burgers and homemade fries
I love to follow clean eating boards on Pinterest. I get a lot of ideas for meals there. My favorite is The Gracious Pantry. She posts TONS of recipes.